I was so excited when I was able to get into contact with Steph for a quick interview about her thoughts and habits surrounding health. I have followed Steph for quite a while now. Lots of you may know her as a model but she is also studying to become a personal trainer and has also co founded a health and fitness ebook and website ‘Keep it Cleaner’ with Laura whom will also be featured on the blog soon! Steph follows a balanced approach to health, incorporating cooking and exercise as something she enjoys and looks forward to rather than a chore.
- When did you first start becoming interested in your health?
When I was around 18… My metabolism slowed right down and I had also started modeling so I had to be more conscious of the way I looked.
- What is the biggest difference / change you have noticed since becoming more aware of your health?
I noticed very quickly that my energy levels and mood swings had improved. My skin is also always in better shape when I’m eating healthy and exercising regularly
- What is your top 3 favourite ingredients you love to cook with and your favourite meal of all time?
Depends if it’s for a sweet treat or a savory dish!! Sweet: almonds, cacao powder and dates. They’re probably the most useful and yummy ingredients. Savory: turmeric, Himalayan salt and rice
- Whats the best way you keep a balanced diet?
Never being to strict on myself is one way I keep it all balanced. I try and make sure that whenever I’m cooking for myself I make it clean and nutritious so that when I’m out for dinner etc I can let loose a little bit and treat myself.
- You have recently started going gluten free. Do you have any favourite gluten free alternatives you have become aware of?
Nothing new, I could LIVE off rice though.. Honestly can’t get enough of it.
- Do you have a favourite recipe you would be happy share with us?
All of our recipes are my favourites haha! The choc banana muffins on the website are certainly up there though. For a simple as recipe though (which is not my own) found it on a few blogs…
Remove the pips from some dates, and put peanut butter inside the date where the pips were. Then chuck them in the freezer. Perfect little sweet, cold and chewy treat.