I have strangely been leaning toward more savoury breakfasts in the morning lately. Breakfasts like this are a great way to get good servings of veg into you at the start of the day and keep you full and satisfied for ages. This one is a great option for lunch or dinner too and super easy to fill with whatever veggies you might like!
Recipe (makes 2)
2 poached/fried (however you like)eggs
2 pieces broccolini
2 slices of haloumi
1/2 cup cauliflower rice
1 large stem of book choy cut up
1/2 zucchini grated
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp tamari
salt & pepper
- cook your eggs your favourite way!
- heat the pan with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp tamari and toss cauliflower rice till golden then serve evenly into bowls
- depending on how much oil is left, you may want to add another tbsp of coconut oil to the pan and heat it before adding in the book choy, zucchini and broccolini. Toss for a few minutes until warm and cooked then place evenly into bowls
- Use the leftover oil to then lightly fry your haloumi, about 1-2 minutes for each side so it is golden
- slice up your avocado or make into guac depending on what you feel like
- sprinkle salt, pepper, chilli flakes and other desired spices on top
- Add everything to the bowl and enjoy this serving of delicious goodness!!