I have become such a savoury breakfast person in the past year, I used to make nutty creamy smoothies every morning and now all I crave is veggies! (so weird ) This was a delicious and nutritious plate I made the other day that was just the best combination of veggies I had to share! I used the raw coleslaw mix from the supermarket with shredded kale, beetroot, carrot and cabbage and was so good! I also used some kale chips from a brand called pimp my salad but you can make your own or just use some fresh kale raw or sautéed instead! Use what veggies are at hand, its the easiest thing to whip up even with leftover salads
Ingredients (give or take what is at hand)
2 thick slices of tofu + 1 tsp turmeric + 1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp sauerkraut ( my fave is peace , love and vegetables)
2 tbsp alfalfa sprouts + 1 tsp drizzled tahini+ 1 tbsp toasted almonds
1 handful kale chips OR kale (raw or cooked)
1/2 cup shredded salad mix
1 handful sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
a few cherry tomatoes !
- Heat a large frying pan on medium with 1 -2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the tofu pieces in the pan and sprinkle with turmeric. Fry for 2 mins each side till crispy them remove and sit on plate
- Add salad mix, broccoli, tomatoes and mushrooms into the pan. Sautée until soft and slightly charred
- Place veggies, tofu, then kale, sprouts and kraut on a plate
- Drizzle with tahini and toasted almonds + some salt and pepper and enjoy!!