I’m not sure when this became a thing, but recently I have noticed lots of peanut butter pretzels popping up in the shops. While this flavour combination is literally the BOMB, unfortunately these are pretty much packed with preservatives, using processed PB and more crappy ingredients. While pretzels on their own aren’t the healthiest thing , it’s all about balance right!? SO .. I made an indulgent healthier version myself so I could control at least some of the extra additives that might be going in. I also used unprocessed beautiful peanut butter from Byron Bay Peanut Butter, which uses just peanuts and salt. (YUM) Dip in some melted dark choc and freeze to set.. you’ve got yourself some delicious desserts on hand for tonight.
1 packet pretzels
2-4 tbsp peanut butter ( depending how much of a PB lover you are. Also note, one with salt makes all the difference! )
1/2 block melted dark choc ( I use Lindt 90%)
sprinkle rock salt
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Pour the bag of pretzels into a bowl and pick out as many whole ones as you can ( often half of them are broken)
- Sit them in pairs on your tray
- Using a teaspoon, place a desired amount of peanut butter in between each pair of pretzels and lay on tray
- Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes so the peanut butter has hardened and then take out again.
- In a bowl, melt the chocolate. You may need a spoon to assist to then dip the pretzels into the chocolate. You can also drizzle with choc if you prefer. Sprinkle with a dash of salt
- Set in freezer until hardened and serve !