This is my new favourite go to summer dinner of all time! It is super quick ( using my little microwave trick) and is the perfect balance of flavours with the fresh tangy salad and warming Asian sweet but spicy salmon . This is a great option for lunch or dinner- you can also make double and pack it in a container for lunch the next day! Let me know if you make it and we can share our common love for this dish- something I will never get sick of . I also wanted to bring your attention to my new favourite condiment that is coconut aminos! I get mine from niulife and the sweet chilli and teriyaki both go great with this salmon!
1 piece salmon
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tbsp coconut aminos ( I love teriyaki or sweet chilli)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp hot water
1 cup cos or iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup chopped radish
1/2 cup cucumber sliced
1/2 cup celery chopped
1 handful pepitas
salt , pepper, chilli flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp tahini (optional)
- If your salmon is frozen place on defrost for 5 minutes in the microwave, otherwise just microwave for two minutes ( cooking the inside means you can easily flash fry it in the pan!)
- Next mix garlic, olive oil, miso , coconut aminos and hot water in a bowl
- Turn the pan on medium and pour in the mixture . Let it begin to sizzle and then add the salmon in. It should be soft so that when you toss it with your tongs it begins to break
- Continue to toss so that it breaks into small pieces and starts to caramelise and crisp in the sauce
- Turn off pan when ready
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with olive oil and lemon
- Top with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and a drizzle of tahini and enjoy!!!
YUMMM *note you can also have this with sashimi and make it a fresh poke bowl!