It’s not too late to get baking for the long weekend! Celebrate Easter with these yummy treats. Forget your kinder surprise eggs and replace them with this healthy alternative full of healthy fats and delicious nutritious ingredients. Also super cute to make in the kitchen with family and friends for a fun baking activity, these little nests are the perfect go to for your long weekend treats. For healthy hot cross buns as well , click here!
1.5 cups coconut flakes
1 cup puffed rice
2 tbsp cashew butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp coconut butter
2 tbsp cacao butter
1 tsp vanilla
10 easter eggs ( I love the carob or loving earth ones but wont judge you for choosing cadbury either 😉
- In a large bowl mix the coconut flakes and puffed rice together
- In a small pot, heat the remaining ingredients on the stove stop ( besides the eggs they are for topping)
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners
- Once your mixture in the pot is all combined give it a thorough stir and pour into the puffed rice and coconut mix
- Mix together thoroughly ad make sure everything is well coated and all the mixture is wet
- Place evenly into your muffin liners and top each one with your favourite Easter eggs! Set in the freezer for at least 2 hours and enjoy!