One of my all time favourite meals is a naked burger. A good grass fed homemade patty with onion, garlic, ginger & chilli paired with lots of veg and yummy additions hits the spot everytime. Serve with or without bread or get creative and wrap it in lettuce ! This is a perfect option for lots of people as everyone can pick and choose what they enjoy. As a woman , I try to eat red meat 1-2 times a week to keep my iron levels up. Heme iron found in animal protein is much more bioavailable for our bodies , meaning it is better absorbed . If you are consuming non heme iron sources ( plant based), then try and pair them with vitamin c to increase absorption.
Ingredients ( feel free to change it up and make your own)
- homemade or bought from trusted butcher meat patties
- iceberg lettuce
- alfalfa sprouts
- mushrooms ( stir fried in 1 tbsp tamari , dash olive oil , chilli & garlic)
- vegan mayo ( I used a spicy one!)
- hemp seeds /pepitas or any seeds/almonds for extra crunch , also love crispy shallots
- tahini / olive oil drizzle to top
Just assemble all your ingredients on a plate how you like, maybe chopped up into a salad, on a piece of sprouted toast or with a side of sweet potato chippies!