I have loved using quarantine time to create new things and get adventurous in the kitchen! I have been trying to stop buying coffee to save money and make it at home which has inspired me to make my own almond milk. The fun of this is that you can add whatever nuts or seeds you like. You can also had vanilla and maca for caramel flavour or cacao for chocolate ! Get creative it is so much fun. Note: I used a sieve but a nut milk bag is most ideal . Lots of health food stores sell them ! I will last about 5 days in the fridge so I like to make in small amounts to keep fresh. Use in coffee, smoothies, muesli bowls, baking or hot cacaos and turmeric lattes!
1.5 cups nuts/seeds. I used pecan, almond, hemp. You could also do oat which is the most creamy or cashew/macadamia for creamier nuts
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 ts maca powder
3 cups water
- Soak your nuts and seeds in a bowl with water overnight
- Drain and add to blender with all ingredients and water
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until completely smooth
- If it seems to thick you can always add more water
- Pour slowly through bag or sieve into jar of choice and store in fridge
Note: if you don’t want to waste leftover pulp you can bake with it or use in soups and smoothies ! Head to my instagram for a yummy healthy brownie recipe with the pulp .